Move Around Your System Faster..

One question I get asked a lot in my field is how do I move around so fast on the PC. Without meaning to, I seem to make people feel like they are moving in slow motion when I am opening, closing, copying, pasting, etc.

To be honest, I can type very quickly. But in addition, I know a lot of shortcut keys for the common applications we use. This comes from my time as a bench tech many years ago. In the days of serial and bus mice, we didn’t always have users bring in their mice for their system when they dropped them off. Sometimes we had a spare mouse, but now always. So we went to plan B. Keyboard commands.

I have decided that not only are they helpful for IT staff that can be in a hurry and dragging the mouse around does slow us down sometimes. But it can make users that have to do a lot of these common functions over and over again more efficient. Isn’t that the point of computers? I am including an overall common Office products PDF also a seperate on for each: Excel, Outlook and Word. I have even put together some helpful key commands for Windows. These are not all inclusive, and if you know of anymore that you use, please let me know.

No comments:

Average wake-up time:

  Average wake-up time: South Africa - 6:24 AM Colombia - 6:31 AM Costa Rica - 6:38 AM Indonesia - 6:55 AM Japan - 7:09 AM Mexico - 7...