- Red, swollen eyes.
- Watery discharge from eyes.
- Severe etching in eyes and/or pain in eyes.
- Blurring of vision.
- Lid Swelling.
- Feeling of discomfort.
Some facts about eye flu.
- The disease is caused by virus infection like adenovirus, herpes, simples virus, myxovirus and pox virus.
- The disease is highly infectious, so if somebody around you is infected there is a high risk of you getting infected. So take proper care in order to avoid the infection.
- There is a myth that the disease spreads just by looking into the eyes of an infected person. But this is not true.
- If somebody touches the infected eyes the fingers get infected and if it comes in contact of another person's eye he may get infected.
- One may also get infected from the swimming pool also.
Prevention of eye flu.
- Avoid going to a swimming pool which has regular chlorination of water.
- Avoid shaking hands esp. with the infected person. Wash your hand with soap after handshake with infected person.
- Clean your eyes with clean water 2-3 times a day.
- Don't use a common towel or handkerchief.
Treatment of eye flu.
- Wear dark goggles.
- Use anti-allergic eye drops three to four times a day.
- Close your eyes and apply ice wrapped in a cloth over the eye lids.
- The diseases are usually self limiting and normally go away in around three days.