How Hot Is ur laptop..

How many readers have a laptop? I would say alot, they are much cheaper and much more functional then the laptops of the old days. Some are almost as cheap as a desktop. That coupled with how easy a wireless network is to set up and how many public area offer free WiFi for on the road, makes a laptop a good investment now a days.

But have you tried to ever sit with one on your lap sometimes? Well imagine the temperature inside the case and imaging what it is doing to your CPU(s).

For those that may not be aware of what high temperatures can do, it cause cause hardware problems or even cause software to freeze up and crash.

To see the CPU temperature, there is a few free programs out there. The first is Real Temp. It is a small download that you install and bam you see the temp of your Intel processor(s). It does show a lot of information, but for most users you will need only the minimum and maximum temp, the current CPU load, and the thermal indicators. Another I have used in the past is SpeedFan. I personally like SpeedFan better, I find it gives better information as well as information concerning S.M.A.R.T. hard drives.

For Macs, though I can test it, there is a utility for Mac OSX – smcFanControl2. If you are a Mac user and try this, please let me know how it works.

For the heat to your legs, I recommend getting a laptop cushion you can find almost anywhere, or I have a belkin base that actually has a fan that runs cold air up at the bottom of your laptop to cool it down. My base usually drops the CPU temp about 5-6 degrees Celsius. I highly recommend looking for one.

No comments:

Average wake-up time:

  Average wake-up time: South Africa - 6:24 AM Colombia - 6:31 AM Costa Rica - 6:38 AM Indonesia - 6:55 AM Japan - 7:09 AM Mexico - 7...